Sunday 30 October 2011

Pretty, Pretty Pumpkin Time

I looooove pumpkins - they make good eats. For Thanksgiving, we have glorious pumpkin pies (plural) because one is not enough. My parents recently traveled to the States and they picked up this interesting confection:
Maine Root - a New England soda manufacturer
http://www.maineroot.com/
I haven't tried the Jones Cola seasonal experiments but I have luckily tried this. I have to admit, it isn't half bad. I did find it really, really sweet and if they'd cut back on that ol' sweetener, I'd try it again.

On another note, the Autumn Longo's magazine is terrific. They have an AMAZING recipe for Pumpkin Gingerbread Cake. In the magazine they layered it with Marscapone Icing (!) which I did not do. It is simply good enough without it. The plan was to bring this cake to work, however Mr. B and I stuffed our faces with it pretty quickly. Enjoy this wonderful link!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...